Friday, March 21, 2014

Future Mothers

Megan has never really played with babies much.  She does some with her little sisters, but Kenna and Ashlee LOVE to play with dolls.  I love seeing all the fun they have with them.  They begged for
Baby Alive dolls for Christmas.  Santa was very kind to them and he obliged and brought them each one.  Ashlee's doll drinks from a sippy cup and then wets in its diaper.  Kenna's drinks from a bottle and then can burped which causes it to spit up and it also wets its diaper.  FUN for them!  Not so much fun to buy more diapers for the dolls.  I refuse to spend money on diapers every again!!!  (Well, until I have grandbabies but that won't be for a long time.)

So, one day I decided to make the girls these diapers for their babies.  They didn't take a lot of time (once I found a pattern I liked), and the girls were thrilled with them.  They now had pillows (each girl had made one a while back), blankets (my amazing Grandma made each girl one a while back), and diapers for their babies along with all the doll stuff we already had.


I have had a great plan to make them each a diaper bag, changing pad, and wipes to go with the diapers.  I found this fun blog with great patterns that I wanted to use.

I, of course, have not taken the time to do it yet.  But tonight the boys and Andy were gone to the temple, so we had just some girl time.  Kenna wanted to craft, so she asked me to help them make the wipe case and wipes.  45 minutes later, Kenna and Ashlee each now have their own wipe case and wipes for their dolls.  They are so happy!  I hope I don't wait as long to get them a changing pad and diaper bag made.  I love being able to do things like this for my girls!













1 comment:

Trish said...

I haven't checked your blog in forever and was SO glad to see you've updated!! It's fun to see how grown up they are all getting! We sure miss you guys!