Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Movie Night with Friends - FROZEN!!!

Friday night (March 7) we invited 11 friends over to join us for a movie night, FROZEN!!!!  We are in love with this movie.  We didn't want to wait for it to come out on DVD so we bought it through Google Play.  We can watch it on our phones, tablets, and through our Google Chrome for our tv.  Yep, we are inpatient cause we loved it so much.  We have watched it a lot since we got it and wanted to share it with friends.  I figured that there were some moms that could use a few hours of peace since there husbands have been gone nearly every weekend for sports.  And some kiddos might want to get out and enjoy some treats and time with friends.  I decided to not worry about our basement not being finished and just have a party!  I was once again reminded that the kids don't care that the basement isn't finished.  I believe they enjoyed the movie just fine despite concrete walls, stacked sheet rock, carpet remnants on the floor, and a little bit of chill.  I provided everyone with a blanket of their own (a few used them), plenty of snacks, and a fun movie!  They played for a few minutes, enjoyed the movie, and then played for a little bit more before they had to go home for bed since it was the dreaded Daylight Savings time weekend.  BOOO!!!!  We could have played longer!  It was so much fun!  You wouldn't have known that 16 kids were in the house.  I really need to let the kids do this more often.  

The Group!
Who would have thought that with 16 kids in the house that there wasn't a huge mess, and they all sat and watched the movie so nicely.  It was a fun night!!!  I need to do it more often.

Aliya and Maya - Aliya is such a good big sister.  She took such good care of Miss Maya - making sure she had the snacks she wanted, had a blanket on her lap, and helping her dress up like a princess.

Miss Kalia - the youngest one to come and such a sweetie!  She loved to sit in the baby stroller to watch the movie.  She did a good job taking care of the babies too.  


Another little princess!

Hmmmm...I thought we were watching a movie?  Keona and Aidan decided that the top of the sheet rock would be a fun place to camp out and play a game.

Melissa and Jenna - We absolutely love our neighbors!  Our girlies go back and forth between houses.  Friday "late nights" have become a regular.

Taylor did such a good job of helping Ethan.  I love how intent they were on the movie.  I am so glad my kids have fun friends with which to do things.

This silly goof just always has to be the center of pictures!  Love this sweet little face!

We were glad Daniel wanted to join us for the movie too!

Kamea and Kaili - I asked Kaili if she was doing ok.  This is how she watched the whole movie.  I was worried something was bothering her or she didn't feel well.  Nope, she just likes to watch with her head tipped like this.  It just made me smile!!!


Kenna and Taylor are good friends!!!


Maya enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies!  I hope she went to bed for her mom!  :)

2 comments:

Darcee said...

Man...I'm jealous! I wish I could have been there too. Looks like such a party! :)

Heidi George said...

Such a thoughtful person! So fun!