Monday, March 10, 2014

Jacobsen Sunday Life

Sundays are my favorite day of the week!  It is so wonderful to be able to be spiritually fed and then have a day to be together as a family.  No running off to clogging or basketball or gymnastics or soccer or baseball or any other various activity.  We do get to go visit grandparents and family.  Andy and Aaron get to do home teaching.  We very rarely have meetings, but when we do they are church related and add to our spiritual feast for the day.  A typical Sunday starts at 5:00 am for Andy as he arises to get ready for church.  He leaves a little before 6:00 am for his bishopric meetings.  My alarm goes off at 6:30 am, but the snooze button is usually used.  I shower and begin to get ready.  The boys' alarm goes off at 7:30 am.  (I absolutely love that the boys are so responsible.  I don't remember the last time I had to wake them for anything.)  I usually wake the girls by 8:00 am if they aren't already up.  They shower on Saturday night, so it allows me to let them sleep a little longer.  Andy picks the boys up a little before 8:30 am so they can go take care of their priesthood duties of setting up chairs and preparing the sacrament.  The girls and I follow at around 8:45 am.  We love our ward!  The bishop is so wonderful to look at up there on the stand.  We like to snicker if he has trouble staying awake.  :)  We like to try and make him smile and hold back his laugh.  The kids have wonderful Primary teachers and youth leaders.  People are so friendly.  As of today, Andy is the bishop of our ward; I teach the 12-13 year old Sunday School class; Aaron is a teacher and has Brother Gregg Bennett as his advisor; Aidan is a deacon and has Brother Steven Hultgren Sr. as his advisor; Megan is a Valiant 9 with Brother and Sister Howie as her teachers; Kenna is a Valiant 6 and has Brother and Sister Jones as her teachers; and Ashlee is a Valiant 5 and has Sister Shelby Gilliatt as her teacher.

After church, the kids love to get to choose what they eat for lunch.  We used to wait for Andy to get home before we ate, but now that we are done at 12:00, the kids don't want to wait.  They know they will have dinner with him.  Andy gets home between 1:00-3:00.  Thankfully it is usually on the earlier side.  The following pictures give you a glimpse into our Sunday afternoons.



Ashlee loves to snuggle with her brothers!  She loves to join them in their room.  They spoil her rotten. 


 I am so glad that Andy is able to get a short nap.  Kenna loves to snuggle, especially if it is with her dad!

Megan looks forward to Sunday cause it means she gets to email Uncle Justin.  He is 8 or 9 hours ahead of us (depending on daylight savings time) so we email on Sunday and get to wake up to his emails back on Monday!  Megan loves to draw pictures for people, send them notes, and visit some of our neighbors.  She loves to do for other people.


I love to document my family's life!  I sneak in a nap some Sundays.  Most of the time I like to capture moments in my children's lives, email Justin, prepare for my next Sunday School lesson, write to my students that weren't there on Sunday, and enjoy spending the afternoon catching up with Andy and listening to the happy (sometimes not happy) noises from my children.



1 comment:

Darcee said...

I love all the pictures of the kids! They are getting so big. I can't believe it :) Also you look great in the picture in the mirror! You're hair looks long.