Sunday, March 9, 2014

The lost is found!

We are still alive!  I am sure no one is still following our blog, but that is okay since this is for our family journal.  Yes, I have lost the last year of our family life, but I do have lots of pictures, so hopefully I can catch up a bit (sometime...in all our free time).  I plan on starting out with an update about each child, but to do that I need each child to be awake to help me, so I need to do my update before 10:00 pm.  So a little update on Andy and Jamie...



We have been married for 15 1/2 years and are still madly in love!  We look forward to date night each weekend.  We don't always do something big, but we do something together...without the kids.  We love our kids dearly, but we know that we can be better parents to our fabulous children as we keep our relationship strong.  They are very supportive of our date nights (or days) to which I am ever grateful.

Andy is still working at Wyo-Ben in Greybull.  He makes a 1 hour drive each way to work 5 days a week.  I am so thankful for the sacrifice he makes to do this for our family so we can stay in Powell.  We love it here.  He stays super busy between work and being the bishop of our ward.  He does a fantastic job at making sure we are important to him and he spends time with us.  He works so very hard, and I am so thankful for the chance to stay home with the kids.  He is truly my best friend!!!

I love staying home with the kids!  I love being able to volunteer in their classes, bring a notebook to them that they forgot, surprise them by cleaning their rooms (occasionally), take care of them when they are sick, have dinner for them each night, help them with their homework, drive them to their activities, and be their cheerleader in all aspects of their lives.  I am far from being a perfect mom.  I have so many things to work on, but I do hope my children know I love them.  They are my everything.  Sure, I have lots of things I dream about doing, wish I could do, or sometimes wish I didn't have to do, but ultimately, I want to do what is best for my family.  I don't mind giving up personal things - selfish things- so that I can care for them.



1 comment:

Darcee said...

I'm reading! I always hope that family will update their blogs, so keep em coming! I feel like I can almost "be there" with you guys. :) 15 1/2 years is amazing! You guys are so wonderful.