Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012 - 5th/6th Grade basketball begins

(Aaron is #24)

Aaron's basketball season began tonight.  It was so much fun to see how much Aaron has improved since last season.  He is so much more aggressive!  He is a great defender and is learning how to play more like a post.  He did a great job rebounding tonight and scored a few baskets.  I love watching him know exactly how the plays should be run and seeing his passion for wanting to compete.  His ball handling is not bad for a "big man."   I love seeing how he is learning to read and feel where the defender is so he knows which way to turn for his shot.  He looks for open teammates and is a good passer.  I love seeing him have fun and smiling.  Tonight brought back lots of memories from my beginning days of basketball and how much fun I had.  I am sure my parents got a lot of good laughs at the silly things I did when I was learning, but I am thankful they were supportive of what I wanted to do.  I love supporting Aaron in his varied interests.  I love taking him to practice and picking him up.  I love going to his games and being back in the same gym I started my basketball days in.  I look forward to a fun basketball season watching Aaron continue to improve and have fun!

No comments: