Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012


After having my first two kids be boys, I thought I was going to be a mom of only boys. I was so skeptical when my doctor told me SEVERAL times that Meg was a girl. I was so excited to have a sweet little girl. Then when we found out we were having another girl, I was delighted. The boys would have each other and the girls would have each other. I thought our family was complete and how wonderful to have it end up being 2 and 2. But I had an overwhelming feeling from the day we brought Kenna home that I was supposed to have another baby, despite the fact that my doctor advised against it. My pregnancy with Kenna was not a good one, and we were so happy that she didn't have very many problems being born 6 weeks early. But I finally quit fighting the feeling that we were supposed to have another child and asked my doctor if he thought it would be possible. He told me that I would live and that the baby would live but that it wouldn't be an easy pregnancy but that he would be there to get me through it. So with that, we decided that we were supposed to have 1 more child. I had mixed feelings when it was time to have the ultrasound to see what gender we would have. Another boy would be fun, but I hadn't had a little boy around the house for a while. The boys were out of the little boy stage. Another girl would most definitely be much easier when it came to clothes, toys, and already being in the girl stage. I had given away all my boy stuff cause I thought we were done. It was almost surreal when we found out we were having a 3rd girl!!! How lucky could I be to be the mom to 2 boys and 3 girls!

Yes, there are days Andy and I get very scared thinking about the day when the boys are gone and we are left with 3 teenage princesses, but it is also fun. The girls are such good friends!!! Today, Meg was practicing her clogging and Kennie and Ash were right there trying to mimic her. They were giggling and having so much fun together. As soon as I pulled the camera out, they dropped into this pose for a picture together. They can be so wild and crazy together and so calm and sweet when they read books together and snuggle in my bed. Yes, they bring drama...what girl doesn't, but they bring so much laughter and happiness into our home. I love all my children!!! I love the relationship I have with my boys. But there is something so special between and mom and her daughters! I hope I can have the kind of relationship with my girls that I have with my own mom. I hope they can call me their best friend when they have their own families!

No comments: