Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Lesson in Responsibility

If anyone was waiting for an update on Aidan's latest wrestling tournament, I hope you haven't been holding your breath. Andy got up bright and early on Saturday so he could take Aidan to Lovell for his weigh-ins. I drug myself out of bed to make sure they had everything and then to begin getting myself ready to take the rest of the kids when it was time for wrestling to start. I opened up his wrestling backpack to put a few snacks in and decided to check to see if all his stuff was in it. No headgear! When you don't have headgear, you don't get to wrestle. I was so glad that they hadn't gotten to the tournament and then discovered it. Aidan was a little sad, but he was also kind of tired so didn't think too long about it. So instead of tackling the girls all day in a gymnasium, we had a relaxing (ok, not really relaxing but slower) day at home and then wandered to Cody so the kids could spend their birthday money that was burning a hole in their pockets. Thankfully, Aidan found his headgear at practice tonight. I am sure from now on that he will be a lot more responsible and make sure he has all his stuff. He wrestles here in Powell this weekend, so we are excited to get to watch him!!

This is Aidan's wrestling picture from this year. Can you tell you doesn't wrestle heavyweight?

No comments: