Thursday, March 26, 2009

Drain Be Gone?

No, it is not gone. I went back to the surgeon yesterday to see if the drain from my pancreas could be removed. Yesterday was exactly two months from my second surgery. The surgeon said there is still probably another 3 or 4 inches of tubing left to be removed before it is completely gone. So I go back in another two weeks to see if he can possibly remove it for good. I have to admit I have gotten pretty used to it, but it will be so nice when I can wear jeans again. I do wonder if I will want to wear them again though. I have gotten very used to my "comfy" pants (as Megan calls them) or the "athletic" look as my friend Meredith refers to it. I am thankful that the surgeon is being careful in how fast he removes it though as I don't want to end up in surgery again. I feel so fortunate to have such good care. I never thought I would be sick of trips to Billings. It will probably be easier on the pocketbook too when I am not going every two weeks. I am so lucky to have so much help from wonderful family and friends in taking care of the kids when I go. My next appointment is on Andy's birthday! Maybe my present to him will be to get my drain out and maybe start to feel somewhat normal. He is such a huge support to me! He has taken on so many extra responsibilities and does it without complaining. He is my strength when I feel like things are just falling apart. I am so lucky to be married to my best friend!!

No comments: