Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two Wheeler Time

Megan has been itching to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. I went out with her once but kept getting interrupted by the little girls. We borrowed the tag along for the back of my bike from my parents and she has been riding that. She says it helps her learn to balance. :) So yesterday Aidan suggested to Dad that he should teach Megan how to ride without her training wheels. Perfect idea, Aidan!! Off to the school parking lot across the street to learn. I was in the back yard pulling weeds. According to Andy, he held onto the back of her bike once and that was about it. She took off and never looked back! She was zipping around the parking lot when I came out to check on the progress. She was even starting all by herself. She is sure enjoying her freedom and loves being big with the boys.

Sporting the crooked helmet - Helmets can be such a pain when you have to have princess hair.

Starting out all by herself.

Look at me, Mom! I am doing it!

Zipping on by like an ol' pro!

She was even going over curbs. Thank goodness she was only going down curbs and that going up there was this flat place. The school parking lot is the perfect place to learn to ride a bike. There is usually only one car there when school is not in session. You only have to dodge a few big poles. We love living right across the street. There are a lot of advantages to it.



4 comments:

AnneGeo said...

Yeah Megan! You are getting so big! I can't believe you are riding a two wheeler! Keep at it and don't have too many wrecks.

Camille said...

I saw the Shoopmans this weekend and they said that they do indeed know you. So now I know 2 people in Powell. :)

Joni said...

Awesome Megan! She's getting so big and she's very beautiful! I loved the comment about princess hair getting in the way of the helmet...Samantha can't have a ponytail or anything under her helmet! Looks like you guys are doing well. You have a beautiful family!

Tiffany said...

Good job Megan! She is so cute Jamie.