Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Day of School

August 24th brought the first day of the 2009-2010 school year. Where did the summer go? Aidan was very anxious to get started, and Aaron was wishing the summer would be 9 months long and school only 3 months. Everyone was up and at 'em bright and early to begin a new routine. It is very convenient living right across the street from the school as it means we don't have to be quite as ready as early as if we had to drive the boys somewhere. It also mean the girls and I can still be in our pajamas if we want to be when they leave. But the first day of school is different. We all trapse across the street to see the boys' classrooms and see where their desks are. This year I am once again on the PTC, so the girls and I had things to do too. We had a cry room for new kindergarten parents if they wanted to come share morning goodies with us and meet other parents and share first day stories. The girls think they should already be going to school. They feel very comfortable there already as we spend quite a bit of time there. Westside is such a family friendly school!

Kenna, Aidan, Aaron, and Megan (not quite sure what was up with her having that belt around her dress) ~ Sweet little Ashlee was in my arms while I was taking the picture.

Aaron - 4th grade

Teacher: Mrs. Black


Aidan - 2nd grade

Teacher: Mrs. Hensman

I am excited for the new school year. I know it will bring lots of homework, reading, and good times for the boys. I am so thankful for their wonderful teachers and the time and patience they put in to help my boys learn. I would not make a very good homeschool mom as I am very lacking in the patience area. The boys are already talking about the fun different activities and field trips they will get to experience this year. Now we are just anxiously awaiting the start of preschool for Megan on Sept. 9th.

No comments: