Monday, September 7, 2009

The "Scursion"

Well, my brother really really wanted some pics of our new vehicle, and I thought it would be nice to have for journalling purposes too. So here they are. It is a 2004 Ford Excursion XLT. We absolutely love it (except the wonderful gas mileage, but what can you expect with a family of 7). It has plenty of room, a DVD player, heated leather seats, and tons of storage (lots of nooks and crannies). It has extra features we don't know if we will ever use like air bags on the back tires (for pulling heavy things), but hey, they might come in handy some day. We plan on having it for a long time. I am starting to get use to driving such a large vehicle. Some parking situations still make me nervous, but I don't mind walking a bit to have plenty of space to park. Getting the kids in and out is actually not a big deal like I thought it might be. It is nice that they can all get their own seatbelts on except Ashlee. I never thought I would have this big of a family and need this big of a vehicle, but I am very grateful for both!




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for posting some pics! I don't know if Danen has looked at them yet, but he was excited to see them. It looks really nice and I'm slightly jealous. Of course, I love my Durango, and we don't need a new vehicle yet, but when we do I have to say I've been eye-ing an Excursion (or a Yukon Denali XL). Have a great day.

Kimberly said...

This is Danen. Very nice. I love the color of it. I understand the gas mileage thing (with our suburban) but man the size is so nice. I have a queen futon mattress in the back of the suburban for hunting and there's still room.