Thursday, July 9, 2009

Every Girl Needs a Sister!

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Megan. I just couldn't believe that I was actually going to get a girl!! After the two boys I just thought I would only have boys. My sister had a girl, and I was so jealous watching her do the bows, headbands, dresses, painted fingernails, etc. I was so worried that even after 4 ultrasounds that my doctor was wrong, I didn't buy a single girl thing until after she was born. I asked my doctor, "Is it really a girl?" He just laughed at me. Who would have thought over 4 years ago that I would end up with not only one girl but THREE!!! They are each so different in their personalities, but it is so much fun to see them interact together. There is just something so special about the bond between sisters. I know they will go through their times of not getting along, but I hope in the end they end up best friends like I am with my sisters.





As I was looking back through pictures, I couldn't find very many of my sisters and me, so when Christy was home for Darcee's graduation we made sure we got some pictures. Of course, we always took them at the end of our festivites, when we were exhausted, but none the less we got them. I am so lucky to have the best sisters in the world!!! Yes, I am the oldest but the shortest, the only one with blue eyes and blonde hair, but none of that matters when it comes to sisters. I love having sisters to share my joys and disappointments with, my milestones and frustrations, a good laugh and a good cry, and someone to just chat with when I am needing a boost! It doesn't matter how many miles separate us, we will always be the best of friends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures of your pretty little girlies! I have to laugh at your last post because it crossed my mind to do a similar post as I browsed through my camera erasing self portraits of Weston and other random shots he took...too funny what those little ones find so fasinating!