Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ashlee turned 4 months old

I can't believe how fast my baby is growing!! She is such a joy! She weighed 13 lb. 1 oz. and was 24 1/4 inches long at her 4 month checkup. That puts her in the 45th percentile for weight and 50th for height. Her pediatrician Dr. Jamieson said she is just about as average as they come and is doing fabulous! Two days (April 19th) after her check up, I went in to get her out of bed only to find her staring up at me with her beautiful blue eyes! She sleeps on her tummy, so, yes, she has learned to roll from her tummy to her back. It was so cute to see her sweet smile and bright eyes! Ashlee brings so much happiness into our home. She rarely goes more than a couple minutes without being kissed by someone. Her brothers and sisters adore her, and she loves the attention from them. She has started to actually laugh now, so the kids love to tickle her (she is extremely ticklish everywhere) and do silly things to get her to laugh. Her new thing is to click and suck on her tongue to make funny noises. She also loves to talk! I finally got a pretty good video of her "talking." She started sleeping through the night at about 2 1/2 or 3 months old. She was doing great until she got sick again. Ever since, she has decided she needs to get up at least once but sometimes twice in the night to eat. She hasn't gotten up twice in the night ever, not even as a newborn. Despite some more lack of sleep I feel so blessed to have Ashlee in our family! I am so thankful she is healthy and strong. I call her my little "life saver." If it wasn't for her, my life would probably have taken a very different path in the future. Ashlee, I know Heavenly Father wanted you to be a part of our family! You have completed our family in a way we are only beginning to see. I look foward to watching you grow and change!









We gave Ashlee rice cereal for the first time a few days ago. Of course I didn't take any pictures, so I got some of her second time eating rice cereal. She had been crying before we started feeding her, hence the red eyes (yes, she takes after her mom). She is okay with it. She tolerates it enough but it will most definitely take time for her to get used to "eating."






After a few bites, she decided that her bib would taste much better! Everything goes in Ashlee's mouth: her hands usually, her clothes, her burp rag, the clothes of the person holding her, anything she can get her hands on.

This was the end of eating! She had had it. Daddy took over feeding her part way while I helped Kenna go to the bathroom. I had kept her pretty clean but while Daddy was feeding her she decided it would be fun to stick her hands straight into her mouth right after he fed her a bite. Needless to say, she ended up quite messy. I know I need to be consistent about feeding her cereal every day, but it just seems like a chore right now. Hopefully it will help her to start sleeping through the night again. Who can resist the sweet pucker face?!!

Here is the video I got of Ashlee talking. This was after Kenna's birthday party. You would think by how wound up she was that someone had slipped her some ice cream or something. My mom put her in her swing, and she just kind of went silly on us. It was so fun to listen to her "talking." I just love sweet little baby voices. Before this my dad was tickling her and she actually kind of laughed. It was that kind of painful type laugh they have at first.





Just chillin' in the saucer! She loves to sit in this and grab whatever toys she can. Most of the time she kicks back and just watches all the craziness going on around her from her siblings!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

How cute!! I love the pic of all the kids together...what a great looking family! We'll have to get together sometime! 1/2 hour is so close!!

christy said...

So sweet. I can't believe that time has gone by so fast. I LOVE the picture of the kidos together. Very sweet picture!

ozzmom said...

How cute and fun it is very sad how fast they grow but it is also fun.

AnneGeo said...

She is such a cute baby!! I can't believe how she has grown! I know they grow too fast for sure. And your kids picture at the beginning is awesome!