Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hopefully the Last!!

April 10th was a fabulous day!! First of all, my wonderful sweetheart had his 33rd birthday!! To make it even better, he got the day off from work for the Easter weekend. And to make it the best day ever, we got to spend the day and night in Billings with no children!! My mom and Andy's mom and sister Juleen were wonderful in helping us with the kids so we could get away and enjoy some time together, go shopping, and most importantly attend the temple. This trip started off with it being a day that I had a doctor's appointment. This was to hopefully be the day I got my drain out for good. Well, I do have my drain out for good, but I ended up getting it out the week before due to ending up in the hospital overnight in Billings because of some horrible pains and dehydration. After blood work and a CT scan, they decided the drain was sitting so shallow that it was causing problems. My solution to this pain, before going to the doctor, was to not eat. Not eating meant no pain. The doctor didn't like this solution, so he had me come up to see him. I had lost more weight and was pretty dehydrated, so he had me stay the night in the hospital for tests and IV fluids. I really didn't want to stay, but it ended up being for the better. I left not feeling so "puny" (as the doctor put it) and I no longer had my drain in!!! I have been amazed at how much better I feel now that the drain is out. My energy level is beginning to come back up and I am starting to be able to eat a few more of the foods that I couldn't eat before.

So, my doctor appointment on the 10th ended up being the LAST appointment instead of next to last!! He said all my scars were healing nicely but that is looked like someone had taken a knife to me and a few bullets. (Sorry, I am not posting a picture of my lovely stomach.) Since I have still been having problems with foods that have food or grease, he gave me some pills that will hopefully help my pancreas digest these better. I have had a 1/2 a hamburger since getting the pills and was able to tolerate it, so there is hope that they will work! I still have to be careful, but I am grateful to be able to eat a variety of things now. It is nice to start to put these surgeries behind us and return to a "normal" sort of life. I actually went running one night this week, and it felt so good. I have done some walking which is nice too, but to say I ran two miles just less than 3 months post-surgery makese me smile. Running gives me a sort of "high." I look forward to slowly working into more days a week of running.

Andy and I were able to enjoy a peaceful trip to Billings. We didn't have to worry about rushing through the stores cause we needed to get home. We were able to do some shopping for bunkbeds for the girls, let Andy pick out his birthday present, get some new spring/summer clothes for me, and just enjoy holding hands and talking without getting interrupted by children! I love being married to my best friend! He is so patient, kind, hardworking, unselfish, fun father, caring husband, worthy priesthood holder, my support system, a good listener, my better half, and has done so much for me these last 7 or 8 months to help make our trials easier. I don't know how I got so lucky to have him ask me to be his wife!!

No comments: