Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grandparent's Day - April 9, 2009

Every grade in elementary school has something special to look forward to. In 1st grade, Grandparent's Day is the BIG event! Aidan was so lucky to have his Grandpa Mark and Grandma Linda Lynn and Great-grandpa Bill and Great-granda Joyce Lynn come spend the day with him. They came to school with him in the morning and enjoyed various class activities and then the girls and I met them at Papa and Grandma's house (Great-Grandpa and Grandma Lynn) for pizza for lunch. Then Aidan went back to school to ride the bus to the high school auditorium where all the 1st graders from all three elemetary schools entertained grandparents and families with a special program. There are 8 1st grade elementary classes in Powell. They have the most students of any grade. It was so much fun to see them so excited to sing and dance for their grandparents.

Fun in the classroom with Grandma Linda and Grandpa Mark!
Fun with Great-Grandpa Bill (Papa) and Grandma Joyce
Hard at work with the help of grandparents.
Aidan won this book for his Great-Grandma and Grandpa Lynn having the most grandchildren (I will need to ask them the count again). He would have won by a landslide if Great-Grandma George had been there. As of our last count she has 58 grandchildren and 115 great-grandchildren.
Yummy pizza for lunch at Papa and Grandma's! Thanks so much!


All of the kids fill out a fun "information" sheet about their grandparents. It was so fun to read what Aidan said about each of his grandparents. I wanted to share those with the pics of him with each set. (Our children are so lucky to have both sets of grandparents and 5 great-grandparents within about 20 minutes of us. Their other great-grandma lives in California but we sure enjoy the chances we have to talk to her on the phone. She is 95 now but as sharp as ever!)

Grandma Linda Lynn

My grandmother is special because she has a lot of care for me.
I like it when my Grandmother hugs me.
My Grandmother can do many things! I think she's best at playing with us.
My Grandmother has a great smile! I like to make her smile by making a funny face.
My Grandmother is smart! She even knows what 100 + 100 is.
My Grandmother is as pretty as a chicken. (Mom's side note: watch for a pattern in these answers! It will tell you a little about what Aidan loves.)

Grandpa Mark Lynn

My Grandfather is special because he works for our family.
I like it when my Grandfather tickles me.
My Grandfather can do many things! I think he's best at tickling me.
My Grandfather has a great smile! I like to make him smile by tickling him.
My Grandfather is smart! He even knows how to teach me fun stuff.
My Grandfather is as handsome as a lizard.


Grandma Kathy Jacobsen

My grandmother is special because she's a nice grandma.
I like it when my Grandmother plays with me.
My Grandmother can do many things! I think she's best at working at the credit union.
My Grandmother has a great smile! I like to make her smile by telling a joke.
My Grandmother is smart! She even knows how to farm.
My Grandmother is as pretty as a pie.

Grandpa Jeff Jacobsen

My Grandfather is special because he does stuff for me.
I like it when my Grandfather makes me laugh.
My Grandfather can do many things! I think he's best at farmwork.
My Grandfather has a great smile! I like to make him smile by making a funny face.
My Grandfather is smart! He even knows how to do problems.
My Grandfather is as handsome as a frog.



Great-Grandma Joyce Lynn

My grandmother is special because she gives us pop.
I like it when my Grandmother gives me gum.
My Grandmother can do many things! I think she's best at making me laugh.
My Grandmother has a great smile! I like to make her smile by telling her a joke.
My Grandmother is smart! She even knows what 1 x 1 is.
My Grandmother is as pretty as a pumpkin.

Great-Grandpa Bill Lynn (Papa)

My Grandfather is special because he loves me.
I like it when my Grandfather makes me laugh.
My Grandfather can do many things! I think he's best at getting stuff down.
My Grandfather has a great smile! I like to make him smile by telling him something funny.
My Grandfather is smart! He even knows what 10 x 10 is.
My Grandfather is as handsome as a turtle.


Great- Grandma Ruth Goller

My grandmother is special because she loves me.
I like it when my Grandmother helps me.
My Grandmother can do many things! I think she's best at working.
My Grandmother has a great smile! I like to make her smile by telling her a joke.
My Grandmother is smart! She even knows how to build stuff.
My Grandmother is as pretty as a fly.

Great-Grandpa Don Goller

My Grandfather is special because he teases me.
I like it when my Grandfather tells me a joke.
My Grandfather can do many things! I think he's best at building houses.
My Grandfather has a great smile! I like to make him smile by telling a joke.
My Grandfather is smart! He even knows how to build.
My Grandfather is as handsome as a toad.


Great-Grandma Evaleen George

My grandmother is special because she helps me with stuff. She has cows and she used to have pigs.
I like it when my Grandmother plays with me.
My Grandmother can do many things! I think she's best at farmwork. She owns a farm.
My Grandmother has a great smile! I like to make her smile by telling a joke.
My Grandmother is smart! She even knows farmwork.
My Grandmother is as pretty as a flower.



Great-Grandma Enid Jacobsen

My grandmother is special because she tells me Happy Birthday by singing it.
I like it when my Grandmother calls me.
My Grandmother can do many things! I think she's best at singing.
My Grandmother has a great smile! I like to make her smile by calling her on the phone.
My Grandmother is smart! She even knows how to use the phone.
My Grandmother is as pretty as a fly.

Grandma Enid with Aunt Juleen (Hopefully we can get a picture with Grandma Jacobsen sometime.)

My children are so lucky to be blessed with so many grandparents. Sometimes they get confused as to which one we are talking about but they have their own methods for keeping them straight. Each house has something special that they look forward to: chips and chocolate at Great-Grandpa and Grandma Goller's, gumballs and pop at Great-Grandpa and Grandma Lynn's, ice cream sandwiches and playing in the cottonseed at Grandma George's, ice cream at Grandpa and Grandma Jacobsen's, and fruit snacks, pop tarts, and the sensory room at Grandpa and Grandma Lynn's. What spoiled, lucky children!!!

2 comments:

christy said...

That is sooo cute. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't stop smiling (which hurts at the moment...a little sore from the root canal). He cracks me up.

Caralee said...

I love how many grandparents are around for your kids! What a blessing! Cute kids. We're already getting excited for our 1st grade grandparents day next year.