Tuesday, May 3, 2016

National Honor Society

Aaron was inducted in the Powell High School Chapter of National Honor Society tonight.  Unfortunately, Andy had to work out of town and couldn't be there for the ceremony.  I am so thankful I was able to be there.  Aaron most definitely has all the characteristics they look for in an inductee for the NHS.  He is very driven academically.  He has good character.  I don't know that I know a more compassionate, kind, caring, empathetic teenager.  Aaron always teaches me how to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.  He strives everyday to treat others the way the Savior would, and it is hard for him to understand why others look for ways to tear other people down.  He likes to give service, and he is a natural leader.  Aaron leads by example.  He is not a vocal, bossy leader.  He just quietly goes about doing good.  The ceremony was short and sweet, but it was nice to share this special evening with Aaron.  I have a hard time admitting that he is 16, finishing his sophomore year, and gaining independence.  He reminds me that it is only 2 years until he can put in his mission papers.  AHHHH!!!!  I have so much to teach him.  I have so many fun memories I want to make with him still at home.  I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD!!!  But since I do have a 16 year old, I am very thankful he has been an easy teenager.  He has made it easy to be the mom of a teenager.  I am savoring this time with him.  I thank Heavenly Father every day for allowing me to be his mother!  I know there are great things in Heavenly Father's plan for Aaron.

 





Receiving his certificate of membership from PHS Principal Jim Kuhn.


I feel very short standing next to this handsome young man.

No comments: