Sunday, August 9, 2009

Where did June go?

It is time I got things updated. It seems that our life was consumed with baseball during the month of June. Aaron played on Mondays and Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays, and Aidan played on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When they didn't have a game, they usually had practice, so we spent a lot of time juggling boys between practices and games. The girls spent a lot of time in the car and sitting at the baseball field. It was fun to watch the boys having fun and learning. They both had awesome coaches that were very generous in volunteering their time. Aidan was in pitching machine/coach pitch this year. His team was the Padres. He had some of his buddies on his team - Nate and Jesse Brown, Kaiden Brown, and Ben Jackson. Aidan is our little lefty or should we say righty. He plays sports left handed but writes right handed. His coaches had him bat right handed but he can do either. It is so much fun watching him learn and grow.

Waiting for the hit!
Nice hit! (Love the cheeks!)

Taking time out to give Mom a cheeser! So happy to be safe at 1st base.


Aaron was in his first year of Minors this year. It was the first year for the kids to actually do the pitching. He was on the Dodgers. His good friends Braden and James were on his team as their dads were his coaches. They go to a different elementary school, so it was fun for Aaron to get to spend a lot of time with them this summer doing what they love to do - play baseball. Aaron got the chance to even pitch during a few games. Boy did that make Mom a wreck!! But he was calm, cool, and collected! I am now experiencing what my mom went through for so many years as I played sports (and is still going through while my younger siblings play). It was so much fun watching him learn and grow!

Waiting for the pitch


Two of my favorite boys!! (Andy helped out during one of the few games he was able to make it to.)

1st time pitching!

Getting some advice from Coach Schiller



During all the hustle and bustle of baseball, Ashlee turned 6 months old!! Where has the time gone? She is such a sweet little girl that brings so much joy to our home. At her 6 month check up she was 14 lb. 14 oz. and 25 1/4 inches long. She had just started scooting/crawling before her appointment. She wasn't sitting completely yet, but she didn't like to be stationary. She wanted to just be on the go!! I always thought she might be my relaxed baby being the last and having so many siblings to dote on her, but I was so wrong! She wants to keep up with them. She is a very social little girl and likes to be right where the action is. She didn't do so well starting solid foods. Most of it came back up, so that is something we starting working on more after she turned 6 months. She loves to be laid down by herself to drink her bottle. She is not much into cuddling anymore, which makes me very sad!! I just wish I could stop time and keep her little for a while longer. I feel like I kind of missed out on her being a little baby, so I was hoping for her to stay one longer than the others did, but that is not happening. I am so grateful for each day to enjoy being home with my kids to see them grow and change! They are only little for such a short time!

Ashlee loves to play with the Little People toys, especially when one of her siblings plays with her.

My bright blue eyed, sweet bald headed baby!

Such a sweet little (life-saving) angel!!







1 comment:

AnneGeo said...

Cute pictures. I haven't seen you guys in FOREVER. We need to get together more often and see the kids grow instead of just in pictures and once a month when there is so much more going on that you can't have one-on-one time.