Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The "C" Word

Today brought the best news I have heard in the last 7 months. My CT scan and blood work came back clean!! Hurray!! The cancer is still gone! I can say I am now 6 months cancer free. I really don't think it will ever come back, but it was a huge relief to have that appointment out of the way. Dr. Purcell, my oncologist at Billings Clinic, was very pleased with the progress I have made and couldn't believe I was back to running 4 miles. I feel so blessed for all the help I have received along the way from so many different people and sources. I feel blessed to have been in the best hands of the best surgeon and oncologist. I feel so blessed to be able to watch my children grow and be here to be their mother and spend time with my best friend in the world, Andy! So for the next 6 months we continue on with the chaotic life we live and enjoy it to the fullest. I go back again the end of February for repeat tests, and I look forward to hearing the same news!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is wonderful news! It really makes a difference with the stupid C word when you have complete confidence in your doctors. At least, that is what I have seen with my mom and ma-in-law!

Darcee said...

My calc professor's name is Dr. Purcell! ha i know that has no relevence...but i thought it was cool :)