Sunday, May 10, 2009

Seeing Myself through the Eyes of My Child

I love the things I get for Mother's Day from my children. I got a cute frog magnet from Aidan and a beautiful bead type bookmark from Aaron. Aaron also came home with a few fun papers he had filled out. I loved the quiz he filled out. It is amazing what you learn about yourself from your children - some good, some bad. I love how honest children are. I need to ask my children more often things about myself that will help me improve in being their mother and in general. They are way more observant than I give them credit for. I just wanted to share the quiz Aaron filled out. I can't believe he is already 9 years old. He is such a wonderful son! He takes his role of big brother seriously and can be my right hand man. Sometimes I think I expect too much of him, but he always seems to rise to my expectations.

A Mother’s Day Quiz for Kids
1. Her favorite color is blue.
2. Her favorite television show is Extreme Makeover Home Edition (he abbreviated it EHMHE – I don’t really watch tv so this was a question he asked me at dinner one night. Andy had to answer it for me!)
3. She likes movies about a. romance; b. horror; c. comedy; d. all of the above. Aaron circled a and c.
4. My mother’s favorite outfit to wear is pajamas. (I wish I got to stay in them a lot longer than I do. Guess you would say this is my favorite.)
5. The outfit that I like her to wear is her Sunday dress. (So sweet!)
6. An expression or saying that my mom always uses is clean up. (Yikes! Didn’t realize I used it that much.)
7. My mother always gets angry when I make messes. (The truth hurts! Guess I need to relax some.)
8. My mother’s favorite sport is basketball.
9. My mother’s favorite foods are chicken and fruit.
10. I like my mom to cook hamburgers because she does such a delicious job of it!
11. My mother’s favorite restaurant is Subway. (Wouldn’t say it is my favorite but about the only place I can eat right now – at least around home.)
12. Her favorite vacation was away from the kids. (she missed us though.) (I absolutely loved this answer. He just makes me smile!)
13. My mom has a funny habit of checking the fats on food. (Kids are way too observant.)
14. My mom really look beautiful on the day she married.
15. My mom really looked funny on the days that she wokeup wearing glasses. (I like my glasses!! Didn’t realize I looked funny.)
16. My mom doesn’t know about the time I ate Oreos when I wasn’t supposed to. (At least I don’t think she does.)
17. My mother’s best friend is Meredith or Dad. (I am so glad he sees that his dad is my best friend!!)
18. My mom’s pet name for me is Bud.
Check one: ___ I like this pet name. ___ I wish she wouldn’t call me that name.
Aaron checked that he likes this pet name. Good thing. After 9 years it would be hard to quit calling him it.

2 comments:

christy said...

Oh how I love the innocense of children. I don't think I will have my kids answers these questions for a while. Aaron's answers were sweet and very observant!

Kimberly said...

How sweet! I love the song, too!