Friday, May 22, 2009

My Best Friend


I am so lucky to be married to my best friend! We are opposite in so many ways, but that is what makes us work so well together. He balances out my weaknesses and makes my strengths even stronger. Andy makes me laugh. He listens when I cry and is there to strengthen me. He listens when I need to vent. He gives me advice when I ask for it. He is strong when I am weak. He is patient when I am not. He is my anchor. I am so blessed to have him as my eternal companion. He is a worthy priesthood holder and has used it to bless my life in so many ways. He is a hardworking husband and father that sacrifices so much for our children and me. He is the best daddy in the world. He knows how to play and have fun. He treats me like a queen! He compliments me multiple times a day. He spoils me with back and foot rubs. He puts up with all my annoying habits. He seems to know just when I need a hug, kiss, text message, or a phone call. I am not very good at putting my feelings into words, but I have tried. I look forward to growing old with him. I watched President and Sister Hinckley and told Andy that I want to be like them as we grow old together: absolutely best friends and eternal companions! Marriage takes work, but it seems like easy work with Andy. He makes me want to be the best me possible! I realized that we don't have a lot of pictures of just "us" together. So it is my goal to make sure we have more pictures of just us cause in the end that is what it will be! It was fun having the kids take some pictures of us. My second favorite time of the day is nap time. My ulitmate favorite time of the day is when Andy comes home frome work! I love to talk to him, snuggle with him, hold hands with him, and just be in the same room with him! I find joy in the journey and even more joy taking the journey with my best friend!!




2 comments:

Angie said...

That is very sweet! I can't wait to add more comments! Thank you so much for calling me!

Mom said...

Well! If that's not a great tribute, I don't know what is!! Andy's lucky to be so adored. Very kind words!