Thursday, February 17, 2011

Last One!!!

My last child is potty training!! HURRAY!! If all continues to go well, I will never buy a box of diapers again...well at least for one of my children. I am sure there will be many baby gifts to come. Yesterday, Ashlee decided all on her own it was time. She has been going off and on, mostly #2 (yes, she is an odd child. Most struggle with that). But, I have to say that it is going pretty good so far. I have a feeling she will be my hardest when it comes to naps and bedtime potty training, but what's an occassional diaper here and there for that. I had forgotten how totally time consuming it is. Not much has been accomplished these last few days, but this is temporary. Plus, I have had a good excuse to browse the internet. What else is there to do when sitting in the bathroom forever as she pees a little, wipes, flushes, panties back on, just to say "I need to go potty more" and then repeat the process, sometimes 3 or 4 times. How in the world she can just shut things off and be done and seconds later turn it back on I will never figure out? But, I don't want her to change her mind, so I sit here...and sit here....and sit here. (Yes, we are on flush number 2 and time number 3 sitting as I type.) I really hope she continues to do well. Only 2 small accidents today. (Yes, I put a diaper on her to run to the store and at nap time and will at bedtime too. I really don't enjoy laundry that much!) It is crazy how many "lasts" we are experiencing, but it is a wonderful new step in our little family's life. With many "lasts" also comes many "firsts!"

(And yes, the older kids' friends are just having to get used to a naked, panty-wearing little girl following them around. That's just how it goes when you are running to the bathroom a lot during the day. Why deal with clothes?!)

No comments: