Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From the Queen to the Princesses #2

My darling princesses,

As I was getting ready this morning and it was 11:00 am, I was thinking about how the morning went nothing like I had planned. I am a planner, and I don't like to have my routine broken, but with 5 angels in the house I have had to adjust to non-routine type days. Today, Princess #3, was Princess Crabby Pants. Hence, my workout took way longer than planned. Bath time and getting ready took way longer and no laundry got started. But, I also thought back to how I used to react in years past on days like this and I used to get completely frustrated and became a crab which in turn affected how everyone else felt. No, I am not perfect and I still get crabby, but I am beginning to learn to take the advice my very wise mother gave me almost 11 years ago and I want to pass on to you. "THIS TOO SHALL PASS!"
She told me this when Aaron was a baby and was a pill at night. She told me this when Aidan would do anything to get attention as a little toddler and make mess after mess. She told me this when I was too weak to care for my own children. And guess what, she was RIGHT!! All those things have passed and I look back wondering where time has gone. So this morning, I reminded myself that this too shall pass and it will pass faster than I want. There will be a day when I know longer have anyone to interrupt my workouts or be here when I eat breakfast. There will be a day when Ashlee no longer empties all the pans from under the stove or scatters hair rubberbands down the hallway. In fact, I am already seeing so many "this too shall pass" things with Ashlee having gone away and she is only 2.

So, my darling princesses, please remember Grandma Linda's wise counsel of "this too shall pass" when you are completely frustrated, wonder if you will ever have a clean house again, wonder if you will ever sleep through the night again. are frustrated cause you don't have any "me" time, etc. Cause it will all end or happen way too fast. Sit back and enjoy the ride!! I am not perfect at it, but I am better than I was almost 11 years ago. Life is too short to not enjoy it! I love you!!

Love, the Queen,
Mom

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I almost feel like I'm intruding by reading these, but they are wonderful! Great reminders for me, too!

Nate and Hilary said...

I needed to read this today... thanks for sharing.

The Lennons said...

I agree with Hilary, I REALLY needed to hear this today! I know I'm not one of your princesses, but Thanks Queen!