Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9, 2012 - Bring on the basketball fun!


Basketball season is in full swing for Aaron and Aidan.  Today was Aidan's first game.  I loved 3rd/4th grade league because they don't keep official score.  Of course, the boys are very good at keeping score in their heads though.  It was fun to watch Aidan hustle and scramble and work hard tonight.  He is a little go-getter.  He doesn't let his size get in the way.  I didn't have any real good still shots tonight cause I videoed most of his game since Andy couldn't be there.  Andy will miss several of his games cause they start at 5:00.  Andy doesn't usually even leave the office until Aidan's games are close to done and then he has an hour long drive home.  It was fun to see how much Aidan has improved since last season.  Aidan spends most days after school playing basketball at the school with his friends.  We have been lucky to have a pretty mild winter.  I also look out the window during the day and see him playing basketball during most of his recesses too.  It is fun to see my boys enjoying a sport that brought so much happiness and joy to me.  Whether they continue to play competitively when they hit middle school and high school doesn't matter to me.  I just want them to be active and have fun while they are young.

No comments: