Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012 - NO MORE CT SCANS!!!

Today I had my 3 year post-cancer check up.  I was not worried and in fact I went alone this time.  Not really what I had planned but Andy couldn't afford to take time off work to go and I needed my mom to watch the little girls.  So I was a big girl and went by myself.  The last time I went in to an appointment by myself I came out shell-shocked, but I didn't even worry this time.  I have been feeling fabulous, better than I have in about 5 years.  I am training for  half marathon and have more energy than I have in a long time.  Today was just a formality.  I had the typical CT scan and labs done.  Then I went to Hobby Lobby in between those and my appointment with my oncologist.  I showed up to my appointment expecting to have to wait awhile (last time it was 2 hours), but thankfully they were running right on time and I was in and out quickly.  Long story short - everything looked good and I don't have to go back ever again!!!!  That was the best news ever!!!  I am so thankful for a healthy body.  I am thankful to be able to just move on with life and not have to go back every year.  I am thankful for the many things I have learned and ways I have grown through all this and will never forget but I will not live in the past either. I am happy, healthy, and grateful for all that I have!!!

1 comment:

Joni said...

That is great news! :) We're so grateful you are well!