Sunday, November 11, 2012

Change

It has been forever since I have posted.  I plan on doing some catching up in the near future, but for now I will clear my mind of a few thoughts.  It is midnight, and I really should be going to bed because tomorrow (or should I say today) is church.  I love Sundays!  They are my favorite day of the week.  I love the spiritual rejunivation that happens.  I love watching my children play and be together without the distractions of tv, ipads, other electronic devices, but just using their imaginations to build forts, read The Friend, work on Scouting and Faith in God, prepare for FHE on Monday night, etc.   But I am dreading this Sunday, even though all good things must come to an end.  I have known this day would be coming for almost a month now, but it doesn't make it any easier.  Andy was sustained as bishop of our ward on October 14th.  He called as his counselors two wonderful men, one of which is the husband of our YW's president.  Now when Andy was called as bishop, President Davidson said it was fine for me to stay as a counselor in the YW's as long as I felt it wasn't too demanding with Andy's new responsibilities.  But when he asked for the YW president's husband for a counselor, that changed everything and we knew we would be released.  I absolutely LOVE our young women.  They are beautiful inside and out, and they have taught me so much!  The new presidency is so blessed to get the chance to work with these amazing young girls!  I am so thankful I will still get to see them grow and mature and can't wait to see all that is in store for them as they graduate and move on to college and marriage and having families. 

It will be weird to send Andy off on Wednesday nights now with the boys in tow and soon to have Megan in tow two Wednesday nights a month when she starts Achievement Days.  It will be just me and the little girlies, which happens a lot.  I will have a lot more free time now, but I have plenty of things I can fill it with.  Thank goodness my kiddos keep my hopping, so I will have some sort of a social life still.  I am just realizing, well actual I realized a long time ago, I am just not good with change!  But tomorrow will come and go and life will go on and I will get busy again keeping up with my amazing children and trying to not add any extra burdens to Andy's full plate. 

No comments: