Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2, 2012 - Birthday Bash!


Aaron turns 12 on March 4th, but Andy and I will be in Florida that day so Aaron celebrated with a few friends today.  He wanted to have some friends come over after school for an evening of games, pizza, treats and a movie.  Aaron is so blessed to have some wonderful friends.  6th grade has been so nice cause he is back together with some of his great friends that went to different elementary schools from him.  Jeremiah Sanders, Kai Fike, Braden Schiller, Gavin Asay and Derrick helped Aaron celebrate.  It was a fun afternoon and evening.  When I asked Aaron what kind of cake he wanted, he said he just wanted plain chocolate cupcakes.  He said that chocolate tasted the same whether it was decorated in a cool cake or just plain, so I didn't need to go to the work of a fancy cake.  He didn't have to tell me twice.  I love making the cakes for the kids' birthdays, but I was also not going to complain about not having to spend the time decorating. 

a few facts about Aaron:
-in 6th grade
- is only about an inch shorter than his mom
-his feet or only 1/2 size smaller than his dad's
-loves Legos
-loves paleontology and wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up
-always has many, varied, and unusual facts to tell us each day
-loves to read
-seems to just absorb knowledge and has a fantastic memory
-is laid back and relaxed and doesn't really have an aggressive bone in his body
-loves Scouts and camping
-is sensitive to others feelings especially his mom's

I am so blessed to be the mother of such a wonderful young man!  I can't believe how fast time has gone.  It seems like it was only yesterday that my little boy was climbing up a step ladder to look out the window of our apartment in Laramie so he could see the neighbors dog and watch for cars and trucks.  My little boy has traded getting a new Matchbox car each trip to Walmart for wishing he could get a new Lego set each time.  12 years ago my life was changed forever when I became a mother, and how grateful I am that I was entrusted with such a special spirit!  I love you, Aaron, and feel so blessed to be your mother!

No comments: