Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

The kids always look forward to the Monday before Halloween cause that means the annual pumpkin carving FHE. I got smart this year though and started without Andy cause if we wait for him to get home, then eat, and then start, it makes for a very late night! So we had our chicken noodle soup and started "gutting" our pumpkins. We had tons of fun and were so excited when Daddy got home to join us. And this year we put the pumpkins on the side deck and none of them were stolen. I figured someone would have to be very brave to walk up the deck steps and get hit with the motion detector light.

Pre-carving - I love my crazy kiddos!!

Bunch of goofballs!

I actually turned him loose to do everything himself this year! YIKES!! It was slightly scary sometimes (as you can see with the knife in the picture), but he did a wonderful job!


Aidan was pretty independent this year too. He didn't require a lot of help. He and Aaron worked together a lot on both their pumpkins.


What a face! Meg has this wonderful, fun, spunky attitude as you can see from this picture. She was determined to do the gutting all herself. She is very independent and doesn't like to be told she can't do something (I don't know where she gets that from!).


Our little cheeseball!! Kennie keeps us laughing with her made-up stories and songs.


Ash is getting big enough to really enjoy all the fun! The only problem is she thinks she can do anything the big kids can do. I gave her some foam stickers and a marker to decorate with until Daddy got home to help. I couldn't tackle all 5 kids by myself.

Daddy to the rescue!! Ash was so excited to get to finally carve her pumpkin. And getting to do it with Daddy was the icing on the cake!!


THE FINISHED PRODUCTS:



1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So cute! We went to a pumpkin patch this year for FHE to pick out pumpkins, then we were going to carve them the next week. Well the day after Halloween I realized we had never done a thing with them. I felt like a terrible mom! :) It was fun reading a new post and seeing new pictures of you guys. We can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!