Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Have you ever....


started cring while making your bed? I know...I am weird!! But that is just what happened. Yesterday was bed washing day so I spent the day putting clean sheets back on everyone's beds. As I made each bed, my thoughts wandered to each child and my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for letting me be here still to be their mother. I thought about each of their individual personalities and the many things about them that make me smile. My thoughts wandered to how much I love being a mother and how thankful I am to be able to be at home with them. My undoing was as I was putting the clean sheets on my bed. I was so thankful to be able to wash my sheets and remake my own bed. Sounds crazy, but a year ago and for months before and months after, I wasn't able to do that for my sweet husband and me. I wasn't able to sweep and mop my kitchen floor, vacuum my floors, clean my bathrooms, or pick up my sweet little girls. There was a point where I could barely walk up and down the stairs. As I was making our bed, I could hear my sweetheart in the kitchen listening and singing to Christmas music while cutting up his elk. What a lucky girl I am to have him for my husband!! He has been there to let me lean on him through thick and thin. He is there to always pick up the pieces when I seem to fall apart. I am so thankful to be able to go through this life with beside me. He is the best husband and father!!


I have so many things to be thankful for!! My Heavenly Father has allowed me to continue to stay here and learn and grown and overcome my weaknesses and He has given me the best earthly support system. He has given me 5 beautiful children, a loving husband, a body that functions as close to normal as possible, an extended family that always comes to my rescue, friends that always seem to know when I need a hug, phone call, or a playdate for the kids. He has given me the spiritual support through the knowledge that my Savior Jesus Christ knows me personally, He loves me, He died for my sins and my sorrows and my pains. He won't give us anything we can't handle.


So now that the tears are streaming again, I will go relish in the fact that I can do my own laundry and play with my children and prepare their dinner. I am the luckiest girl alive!!

My loving family almost 1 year ago!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

That was so wonderfu, Jamie! I had no idea you've been suffering so much! I'm glad things are going better for you now! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Joni said...

I'm so grateful you are still here too! I love this post! *sending a hug*

Unknown said...

GOOSEBUMPS! Thanks for such a great post, I need to slow down and enjoy my laundry a little more, what a great reminder you are! You are such a wonderful mom and wife, I'm so glad you are here too!

Angie said...

I love ya! You put things into perspective for me and that is the reason why I think over 10 years ago, the Good Lord Above made us roommates at Ricks! Thanks! More than you will ever know!

Camille said...

Beautiful, beautiful post! I had heard of your health problems during your pregnancy (from the Shoopmans), but hadn't realized how serious they were. I'm glad you can do laundry too! Thank you for brightening my day!